Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Homework Woes and Laundry Loads

As I sit in the laundry room drinking one of my last Dr. Peppers, waiting for the 27 minutes to tick down on my drying laundry I realize I left my basket in my room... a lot of good that is going to do me... but that's not what I originally intended to say. What I wanted to say is that I am taking a twenty seven minute respite from my reading to blog, because it's something I haven't been very good about, and that I simply SHOULD do.

I did TWO loads of laundry, and I felt cool because I divided it up between delicates and not so delicates. I felt like a mom. The last time I did laundry it was a dreadful experience in which the water did not drain... this happened to one of my loads, but I didn't fret, I just started over and kept reading "A Year of Living Biblically."

I am sorry that the most exciting things that I have to share about are my adventures in the world of laundry.

There was a homecoming Soccer game last night that the band was going to play for, but with just three trumpets, four flutes, a guitar and one drummer, it didn't make for much of a sound. We bailed, and the outcome was bittersweet. On the one hand I would have loved to play my trumpet and have a good time, but on the other I knew that I would only be wallowing in how much homework I could be doing in that time.

Marrta and I went to the Library basement and I FINISHED THE QUESTION OF GOD! What a burden lifted from my shoulders! I often get an awesome feeling after finishing a book, especially a lengthy one, and in the last week I've finished two without the chance to even soak it all in. There's a bunch in the bible that I have to read, "The Year of Living Biblically," World Politics text, and because I REFUSE to get behind in it, nearly two chapters of The Modern World text.

Last night on the way home from the Library, Jason-dressed in black- peeked out from behind a wall in a very frightening manner. It gave me a start, but then I realized that they were playing capture the flag... Just now I read Adam's blog and he talked about it too... and I got sad. It would have been a lot of fun had I not been burrowed down in the library with so much to do...

The patterns in my lifestyle don't look like they will be easing up any time soon.

But right now I am not too worried about it.
I am hoping to get a big enough chunk done tonight so that I can go to Savers with Jenny without too much guilt and get some pants. Then I'll solve the mystery of the missing Rockstar Energy drink, and stay up a little later than I should reading.

This morning on the way to World Politics, I tripped up the stairs in front of at least three people. And not just a minor stumble! I tripped, and tried to recollect myself gracefully, only to fall again, and then AGAIN! By this time I was hanging on to the handrail for dear life. A man asked if I was ok... I mumbled at him and hurried away. It's a good thing I am not that easily embarassed, for that could have been very traumatizing.

! So little time!

No comments: