Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dance, even if you have no where to do it but in your own living room

Such wise, wise words indeed.
However, the logistics behind whether it is more wise to dance in your living room-or in my case a dorm- instead of studying, are sketchy. I've got my Pandora set on "Quick Mix" and it is pretty fantastic. I have REALLY good tastes in music.

Slowly and surely I am getting caught up. Scholar Citizen today was wonderful after having at least read the chapters in the book that I was supposed to. Believe it or not it is a lot more fun to debate and discuss when you've actually read the topic of the debate and discussion! I still have the 20 page print off on dreams to plow through... but technically I don't need to have that done until Monday... Sooo... I'll probably try to do some of it today or tomorrow, and there's no doubt more on top of that anyway.

Today I should get caught up in History, but it's going to have to be tonight... erlack. I don't like night studying. (So I blog during prime day-studying hours!) Last night I made use of the First Year Student Lounge, it was pretty effective, but the lights weren't very bright. Tonight I am going to test out Alison's suggestion of the first floor of the Library.

I've been having a very hard time comprehending what I hear in lectures, and what I read. I really would like that to go away.

Last Night I got phone calls from Nicole, Mom AND Sara. It was nice to hear from them all. I've only been here a little more than a week, but it already feels as if I have been here all along. I still miss home though.

In an hour I am off to hit the Speech meeting. I am interested to see how many people will actually be there. If I could actually do speech, that would be great. Speaking is so much fun, and I am itching to be competative. That will probably brush right up against band then, where we'll actually get to Play! I'm looking forward to that. Then shortly after band is Pep band practice! If this is our only practice, I'm pretty frightened because we have a gig on Saturday.

UGH!!!! I am pretty sure that I must have Mountain Dew poisoning.
I need to lie down.

1 comment:

Mnemosyne said...

No, no, no! Not the first floor--the basement! You've gotta go over by IT and go downstairs.
The first floor is very hard to study on, there are so many distractions!