Monday, September 1, 2008

Je ne mange pas le petit dejeuner

It's almost nine, I am having water for breakfast.

I only technically get two meals a day, and I slept too late to really get down there. At first I was thinking that I would eat lunch and dinner, but I think the smart thing to do would be to go for breakfast and dinner.

YESTERDAY was a lot of fun. I know I go into each day begrudgingly but in the end it always turns out good. Especially when I DO things instead of holing up in my room all day like I would LIKE to. The highlight of yesterday was probably going to the MIA with Jenny and Ben. I had met them both on line, and Ben briefly at Soar but it was SOOO cool to actually hang out with them in real life. After dinner we had some more free time, so we went exploring around our new neighborhood. We all were astounded with the diversity we have in our little community. Walk 3 blocks and you are in an entirely different world, turn a corner and you can see the bricks of Augsburg.

Before, when people would ask me how I felt about going to college, I would say that I was scared of the city. In Seattle, I walked down one street by myself and came running back with my tail between my legs. Cities were scary. Now, all of the sudden, it's not some big scary place, it's my home. It's my city.

Later, I called the boy and the conversation wasn't emo. It's a real bummer that I can't visit the weekend after next, but now he's saying that he doesn't want to even come for Camp Wellstone. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Then we got root beer floats and sat in the lamplight of Murphey Park. It was seriously fabulous.

I wish my Ugly Betty still had Marc left as a month... but I think they used him up on February. It's on Alexis right now, which isn't bad, but Bradford is next! erlach!

As I sit here blogging, and talking on the phone and chatting with Jess, I realize that it would have been to my benefit to go to some of the sessions that happened this morning. It's part of that being responsible for yourself deal...

I'll have to find my classrooms later.

No comments: