Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brand New Key

Unfortunately there are no Rollerskates that come with that deal...
Now that song is stuck in my head. I suppose that's All Right.

Though my back pack weighs as much as my fat dog Sparky, and I have at LEAST 200 pages of reading assigned just today (so I am not even behind!) For Christian Vocation, not to mention pep band obligations and mental health time, I am in a GREAT mood.

Auntie faye sent me a big envelope today filled with awesome frog pajamas, (Frog Pajamas? I ask... Do you reckon I'll ever be Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas? ... tee hee hee... ! I didn't even bring that book!) FUDGE, a card, and THREE gift cards to Starbucks, Wendy's and Pizza Hut. Now THERE's Love. :) In her card she said that she's reading Twilight and nothing else is getting done... It's so true. Luckily I've been controlling myself quite well.

Music, Fudge and History. What else could I ask for?
Today I went to History at it's new time in the SMALL music class room. I got there really early and talked to some of the others there about the Great Train Robbery. I am still experiencing a high from having finished that entire book in such a short amount of time. After a bit of review, I was confident for the test. I even had the slang words I was going to use!
Romer Vokeny: Sailor accent, criminal Jargon
Dunnage: Clothes
Dolly Mop: Prostitute
Nose: Police informant

YESSSSS.
We got our geography quizzes back. I wasn't nervous at all, and when I saw my perfect score of ten I was not surprized. There was a back to the study sheet that I didn't even look at... it was physical geography, but luckily it was mostly politcal on the test. The part I am most proud of is the Pyrenees. Thank You Mrs. Cekalla's Geography class, Nicole and Sara, because remember, Brittany has Risque Pyrenees. I forgot what Brittany stood for, but Risque was the Bay (or Gulf?) of Biskay.
Mnemonic Devices rule.

I'm pretty sure I aced the book test... he didn't even ask me about the slang...

The Modern World with Professor Gus, Tuesdays and Thursdays. 'Tis there that I find the inspiration to pursue my other obligations with a smile...

After that I went to the Music hall, thinking jazz band was at three thirty. I practiced until Three 25 only to find out that Jazz band started at Three ten... so I was late. They still welcomed me warmly though. Jazz Band!!!! This is so Great. I love band. Even though I am having tone issues with my trumpet... it's probably not his fault but my own face's.

Now I am back in my dorm with my very own key, so that I am once again perfectly independent of others for my happiness. Soon I am off with Marrta to dinner, and afterwards there's Pep band for the Homecoming Soccer Game. Though taking into consideration the WALL clouds and threatening winds, I don't know if that is going to happen. At least for the band... However, I am drawing my own conclusions... ooh! now it's raining!!

No comments: