Thursday, April 16, 2009

Six Degrees

Yeah, so I am killing time.

I am in the library, and I just re printed all of the history readings that I had, but got jumbled. My next step is to put them in my folder, and start re-highlighting, re-reading, and in some cases reading what I never got to before.

I have a killer stomach ache, and I am blaming the hot chocolate, because I think this has happened before. Jw told me to lay on my side, but I can't, because I am in the library.

There are less than forty minutes before I have to go to class, and like always, I am unsure of what's due for Writing. I am hoping that my final draft isn't due, because it's still pretty rough. Too bad I never make time to edit things.

Finals are fast approaching, and though they are not upon me yet, I am trying to work up some of the panic that I should be feeling in a week or so. Feel the panic now, so it won't be as horrible when it really is panic time. More advice from that book that Hank gave me. ... I forgot the title. I will post it later and recommend that EVERY soon to be first year read it.

I should at least work on that grammatical error sheet... I like grammar.

For writing, I wrote about Marching band, and how little decisions 5 years ago have directly influenced where I am now. That got me to thinking what the decisions I am making now will have to do with the next 5 years. Then, when I was talking to my mom last night, I got to thinking about Six Degrees of Separation, and how crazy it is that 6 degrees is almost too much! For example: Honors Eric, complete stranger 7 months ago, yet he was from Howard Lake Waverly and (probably) knew Jackie, who I roomed with at the 2004(5?) FFA convention. Or Anna from my floor, also a complete stranger, separated by one degree through Anna Fox. Yeah. Isn't that cool?

Link that to the last 5 years, and think about how many degrees will be significant in the future!
!

2 comments:

Mnemosyne said...

I actually hated that book/play a little. I think the bizarro ending turned me off.

Prince Lily said...

Your opinions don't count because you hate everything.

(tee hee! Don't hurt me)

I enjoyed the play, but I am referring more to the concept of 6 degrees instead of the play itself.