Sunday, April 5, 2009

Workin' for the Man

I spent two hours at the Mall of America today. After arriving via light rail, I went to Panda Express to feed myself, because I knew that the task at hand would not be handled well on an empty stomach... Then I embarked.

I started on the 3rd floor, hitting Bubba Gump's, Kokomos, and the other sit down eateries, from there I worked my way all the way down to the first floor, finally hitting Barnes and Noble. The application to the Rainforest Cafe had to be done in the store, so I had to sit at the bar to fill it out. There was some information I didn't know... so I just gave it to them as it was. They will call me... If I worked there, I would have to deal with a lot of children. Children and restaurants don't really mesh.

The ones I am really hoping for are Bubba Gumps, Famous Daves, Tucci Balucci (?) or Kokomos, but I also applied to the Napa Valley something or other, where I will have to take a quiz testing my knowledge of margaritas, and Twin City Grill, which was also dark and foreboding. There's a chance that no one will call me back... and then? Tough Titties.

On Friday night, I went home with Marrta after the Wild pep band. We ate, slept, and woke up to go to breakfast with her family. Then, after I got back to Augsburg, I met up with Anna and her mom to go to the track meet at Hamline. I texted Visser saying, "WOAH! I am at Hamline!" and she told me that she and Aubrey were going back to Ogilvie to see the play, and that I could come with! So after the meet, I met up with Visser and Aubrey and got in the car to go HOME! I got to go home after all. I got to see the play!

Ms. Swenson Directed it, even though she claimed that Annie Get Your Gun was her last show... 3 years ago. This year it was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat. I could tell that she directed, and that she got a huge kick out of it. Of course it was just a high school musical; no one dared get TOO into it else they look dumb. In other words, it could have been much better. The show itself was really fun, with bright awesome colors, and silly songs. Alex Carda played a rockin' pharaoh, and the little pit band will grow up to do great things now that the trifecta of geekdom has gone away (Lily, Sara, Nicole.)

And... Dare I mention it? Dare I be bold and admit to having a crush? Yes. I so dare.

The lead (who happened to be prancing around half naked for the majority of the show wearing a wavy brown wig) was the boy who's charm captivated my interests to a painful degree for at least three months of my Senior year. Pretty much all of the Musical until I met Josh... It didn't help to see him now, as I am reminded WHY he so captivated me... *sigh...

I am a tough girl. I will get through this trying time...

Otherwise, it was great to get home, and see some old friends and teachers. It was also beneficial for me to reconnect with the earth and my parents. Going home this time solidified my decision to stay on campus over the summer. I have out grown my Ogilvie home, but it will still be there whenever I need it.

But, because that decision is final, I will NEED a job no matter what. Hence my mall trick-or-treating extravaganza this afternoon. Wish me luck.

No comments: