Monday, August 25, 2008

Dante

On this, the first official blog day I sit out side at our neighbor's picnic table on my brand new RED Gateway Laptop.

It's not bad to name inanimate objects is it? especially if they are your tools, things that you spend a lot of time with, and depend on.

At first I had intended to name him "Sophocles" but it didn't fit when I met him. I figured that he's RED like FIRE, and that made me think of Infernos... DANTE'S Inferno? Hahaha. It's clever.

Sid and Deb brought him over yesterday. I had talked to Deb about still needing a computer, and that I was going to buy a refurbished HP. She told me not to, and that Sid could find a new computer for so much cheaper. I talked to Sid, and said that I would come over and we could shop a bit.

Yesterday then, Sid and Deb came for dinner. I saw that Sid had a laptop under his arm, and he told me that he had some comparisons downloaded for me to look at. When I went to sign in my name was in the start up deal, he told me the password.

I was confused.

Later, still confused he told me that it wasn't his computer, it was mine.

!!!!

I feel spoiled. Now it is my job to pass on this favor to someone in the future. I can do it.

I put my T. Rex Electric Warrior cd on it already. Mostly because the cd got abused pretty badly, and I want to keep the music safe.

My stomach hurts.

So, as my first official blog, I feel like I should be profound and deep... but it's not coming.

Today I have a lot to do. I think I am going to go with my mom to Mora where I'll go to the library and turn in my books. I still need to write that letter to the paper... I am failing my comrades :( I also need to get to the school so I can talk to Mrs. Erickson, and get Night from her. I want to talk to Mrs. Cekalla, Mr. Cook, and Ms. Swenson too, but it's not looking like I am going to have much time, because Dad is here doing his pottery stuff, and Mom has lessons at 1. While in Mora I need to make a stop at the bank where I need to do a bunch of banking...

I got my Credit card, but I don't want to activate it.

I don't remember if I blogged about this or not, but at Auggie Days we DO get to go to the State fair. I don't know about the RNC, but the State fair is happening. :D I'm still going with Tim on Wednesday to work at the DFL booth. My shift is only 3 hours, so I'll have 2 hours on my own to see the sights! I can't wait. It will be fun to go with the Auggies too, but I will have already gotten my deep fried fix, and seen everything I've wanted to. Maybe my new friends will show me new cool things that I wouldn't have normally explored.

Cheese Curds sound really good right now. Mmmm.

And Milk Shakes.

Miracle of Birth Center :(

Dungeons and Dragons tonight :D That will be fun. Maybe I'll blog later today.

No comments: