Friday, August 8, 2008

Northern Slime I am told, is high fashion in some parts of the world

Too bad I'm not IN those parts of the world (Canada?) as I do smell of nothing other than NORTHERN SLIME! Mmmmm.

I 'm not exactly complaining though, I came about my slime honestly.

This morning I got up early (9:00,) got dressed, and helped my dad load bricks into the van. From there we went to the bank in Mora, where I found out what I need to do with my Cd, and then after a stop at the post office and gas station, we went to the Kanebec History Center. There, we unloaded the bricks, scraped off the crusty ones, and stacked them nicely on and around the History Center's future Pizza oven. I worked up a bit of a sweat and it felt wonderful.

We went home and I did some things I've been meaning to do... which really only was to call Soua, but she wasn't home. Then I just sat in my room writing down angst and shopping lists in my journal. When I couldn't take the pressure any more, I put Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest sound track on my Mp3 player, and closed my eyes. I didn't actually get to sleep, but it was still exhausting. This morning I got make-up remover in my eyes, and I think it has added a false feeling of sleepiness to my day.

The reason I didn't have time to fall asleep was that my dad came home and we went fishing. We went to my dad's secret Walleye place, but we caught no walleye. My dad caught two bass, and a GIANT Northern. As for me, were I fishing to survive... I WOULD HAVE SURVIVED! Yay!

I caught two smallish Northerns, but I think they might have been the same one. On my first fish as I was trying to extricate the hook from his lip, he would not cooperate, flopping hither and thither causing quite the inconvenience. His flopping got slime all over my front, my arms and even my face. After I let him free back into the water, I wished I would have been able to eat him for the trouble he caused me.

So naturally I took out my rage on the next fish I caught, which I hope to enjoy when I get home from work.

Now I'm at work, eating. I've had two pieces of Pumpernickel bread with peanut butter, and one cherry toaster strudel. I would really like to have some pizza rolls because they are there, but I am not direly hungered, so their splendor would be lost a little I think.

In my dad's van there's a copy of Newsweek from July. In it there is an article about Lawrence King, the 15 year old boy who was shot by a classmate for being openly gay. It is a heart wrenching story, and I hope that the boy who shot him will be severely sentenced. What I am having a hard time with is where the lines should have been drawn.

Larry came to school with make-up, glitter, and stiletto heels, then going on to hit on other boys he knew weren't gay simply to watch them squirm. Should the school have stepped in? Would it have been wrong of them to tell him that he couldn't wear what he wanted to? Part of me says that they should have, that his dress and behavior WAS inappropriate, however it is his right to express himself. If the school officials had made him change his attire and behavior, would that have been wrong?

Would it have saved is life?

No comments: