Sunday, August 17, 2008

Real Fruit Juice + Energy

A Sobe energy drink and a cup of "borrowed" sugar free chocolate pudding for dinner. YES.

My blog title comes from the acclaimed Savannah school of random subject titles.

Eight O'Clock here at work on a Sunday evening. Nothing going on, just two weathers an hour and way too much down time. I am hungry. Looking back on my day, before my pudding, all I've eaten was a few nachos from Jessie's kitchen table and a Sierra Mist.

It's just that Food hasn't been primary on my mind today.

(The vitamin infused Sobe drink feels good in my tummy though.)

Josh visited yesterday. I was awkward, but it wasn't bad. He left this morning and the time that I haven't spent sleeping was spent reveling.

I am happy.

On Friday the Broshofskes hosted the "Before they leave us picnic." It was nice. After the parents left, Sara, Nicole and I had our last sleep over at Sara's house before we leave forever... We are actually quite lame. The most exciting thing we did was to go star-tipping which was great. After that we ate a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake that was exactly 6 months old. It lasted surprisingly well. None of us threw up. Not even Nicole who ate the majority of it.

We watched the Notebook. Sara had never seen it before. It changed her life. Being that it was the second time I'd seen it in a month, I didn't cry as much as I did last time. I just can't get over how deep and awesome that movie is! IT is seriously the perfect romance film, setting our standards way too high... for Lon Hammonds and Noah Calhouns... Not to mention Ryan Goslings!

When that finished we put in Juno, but are too lame to actually stay up past three am.

I went to sleep by my own choosing, knowing that I had a big day on Saturday, and Nicole had to go to work... I guess that's what it's like to grow up and be responsible.

I could have gone Door knocking on Friday, and I said that I would without considering my own well being, luckily Tim had a meeting and I didn't have to. They went to Braham yesterday morning. I didn't go because of my visitor, even though I know he would have enjoyed it. Volunteering has become a drug for me, and it's great. I haven't done anything political since last Tuesday, and I'm already itching for more! I NEED more! I NEED to get out on the streets and door knock, I NEED to phone bank. I need to spend time with like-minded comrades who know so much more than I do. I Hope I hope I hope that I can do stuff in Minneapolis. I've come to realize how appreciated volunteers are. Sharon at the DFL meeting told me that they are going to miss me more than I am going to miss them. Even though I've only been involved for a little more than a month, I HAVE done a lot, simply door knocking and phone banking a couple times!

Plus, I am not going to get the credit and praise for being "young" and involved forever.

That always feels good.

I WANT TO VOLUNTEER!

Whew! Phone banking maybe on Tuesday... that will hopefully tide me over till the next door knocking event.

I should also get onto the DFL website and volunteer for the State Fair on the day Tim is going to be down there. Just a three hour shift! That's weak. I'd be there all day if I could.

! I can get more buttons! (I recently was able to add an Obama button and lapel pin to my collection!)

I'm going to miss the Miracle of Birth Center... that was another joygasmic volunteer experience.

13 days until move in. I'm not bringing that much stuff. Sara's pile is huge. I just have my little corner of my room by my closet, and my bedding stacked in the closet. It makes me happy to look at though. My own tape, my own highlighters, a file folder, febreze, laundry detergent... Then my handmade quilt and afghan for my bed... I feel prepared.

Soua already has a fridge. No microwave or tv. I don't know if we'll need either of those things...

We can decide later if we need to.

I'm surprised how satisfying this energy drink is to my hunger!


No comments: