Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Blogging at work... let's see how I manage.

So far not so good. This is multi-tasking to the extreme.

I door knocked today for a half an hour in Mora. I just got through one street. For the most part it was positive in that all of those that were home, were staunch Faust Supporters. That was uplifting. One man talked to me for a long time about politicians, and young people. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying, and I almost had him written down as a "No" for getting his vote on election day when I asked, "So you'll be voting for Soderstrom then?" (You know, supportive, unbiased ...) He laughed and said that the only good thing that all that Soderstrom propaganda is good for is kindling. I then marked him down as a yes. I got quite the earful of why politicians shouldn't get so many benefits after serving their terms. It sparked thought.

I am not a good door knocker. I am definitely getting better... but I am sure I am doing something wrong... and Sam is just too desperate for volunteers to tell me otherwise.

I need to get over my self-consciousness and fear when it comes to approaching strange doors. Most of the time I'd rather just walk by a house if someone is already in the yard... Aren't door knockers annoying? Should I care?

Thursday I work the Mille Accs county fair, and then there's the possibility that I could phone bank in Pine City, but that could get complicated. Saturday morning is more Door knocking in Pine City. I am going to try to get Sara to go with me. That would make it more fun, and then we could swap stories afterwards. I don't know who else I could drag along... no one else who cares enough... They're not all weird like me.

A few requests came in. I was in my glory as I rocked out to "Hey Jude" (They just said Beatles, something we haven't heard in a while, so I chose.) After that the request was "Under Pressure" So I sang along loudly to that too. You can't just play any song after Under Pressure, so I went for Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze."

'Scuse me while I kiss the Sky!

WOO HOO!

Just an hour left, and if I keep this up, it'll be done in no time.

I have tomorrow off entirely, we have delightful company, so I don't know what is going to happen. Something fun I hope, involving food perhaps? There might even still be fun stuff happening tonight when I get home! Yay!

And if not... I'll just shove the clean and neatly folded clothes from bed onto the dirty floor and go to sleep.


Let's see. Things are looking up on the College front. I haven't yet straightened out my Perkin's loan, and mom is sure to get on me about that. I really hope that my mom's fears aren't confirmed and I'm going to find out that I owe a huge slab of money out of no where. Eeek. I'm looking into it.

At the bank today I discovered that I DO have enough in my savings to buy a computer, and that is very comforting.

I can't wait to go school shopping, and I've already made a list. I can't wait to meet with Soua and decide what kind of air freshener to get.

Ahhh...

But again I have put everything off for one more day. This is going to back fire, and it certainly isn't going to be pretty.

TOMORROW! I say confidently, Tomorrow I will follow through!

No comments: