Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is that your little girl?

I am blogging at work again, so this might not be a very quality post.

It's a cloudy, rainy day today, but I don't mind, it will be an ok.

I'm wearing my green converse, I feel powerful.

Today I work till five, and then I'm going to the Villa to visit with Kathy and get the quilt that she made me, and afterwards I'm going to phone bank. I'd rather be door knocking, but phone banking is cool too I guess. This morning I gave my check to Mary so that she can get Gabriel out of the shop tomorrow. I won't be able to have him in my possession until Thursday, and from that day forward I must practice until my chops are sore every day until placement auditions.

Yesterday I worked 2-5 as I will all week, but I also went to the bank (which is significant?) and when I got home I read, and later rented movies. I got The Other Boelyn Girl, The Notebook, and Lost season one, disk one for old times sake. I just watched the Notebook in Michigan, so I am not all that excited to watch it again, but I wanted a good romantic tragedy... it was that or Atonement again, and I don't think I could take it. We ended up watching the two Lost Pilots, and eating macaroni and cheese. It was amazing. Lost is a great show, and I can't wait until January.

Sawyer!

I plan on bringing the Notebook to our going away sleepover party.

While waiting to get my movies rented, the woman behind me asked, "Is that your little girl?" in reference to a button I put on my "new" bag in which I carry things. The button is of a little girl, maybe three? from waist up sitting in a wading pool, with wet auburn hair, sticking her tongue out. I laughed, "That's me actually!"

"Oh! That's cute!" She said, "I was going to say she looked just like you!"

Am I old enough to have a little one? yes... but gosh is that a weird thought. What will my future offspring look like?

............

Moving back in time to Sunday, Megan and I went to St. Cloud. I don't remember if I've recorded that yet. We would have really liked to have gone when the music stores were open, but none are on Sundays! Instead we went to Joann Fabrics, Savers, the Mall, and Plato's Closet with a special stop to treat ourselves to lunch at Olive Garden. Yum.

We didn't find what we wanted at Joann Fabrics, but it made me want to MAKE something. Too bad I don't have any time or space. I found a sweet vintage corduroy blazer jacket at Savers, and Megan regrets showing me a shiny white vest which I bought for $2 and will not share.

Thrift Stores are amazing. I love them. At first I was skeptical of Plato's Closet, but I got a pile of stuff for $30, and I am quite satisfied. It makes me miss Rita. She would pick out cool things that I otherwise wouldn't have noticed.

Tomorrow, Mom and I leaving first thing in the morning to go to Cambridge. I will put money into my checking account, and then go to Target to load up on everything else I need for college.

My own laundry detergent, laundry basket, notebooks, pens, post-its, paper clips, lamps, reading lights, bed sheets, a new pillow (:D) , febreeze...

As I've been telling those who ask, I am looking at move in day with more anticipation than terror these days.

No comments: