Saturday, August 30, 2008

This is it?

I'm here.

It's hot.

I would like to take my clothes off.

However that is not socially acceptable.

My desk is AWESOME. When I first got here, I wasn't expecting my desk to be cool looking like the ones in pictures, but as I said, it's awesome. I've got post cards going up the right hand wall, some pictures hanging from the bottom shelf, all my stuff is organized on the desk itself, and all my books are neatly in a row on top. I was going to take a nap because I only got two hours of sleep last night, but I have this OCD thing going on where I know that if I don't get everything organized and perfect NOW, it will just get worse. So until everything IS perfect, I can't do anything else... except blog.

Mom and I left this morning at a little after five. It felt like a rabbit show as we left and the sun was just barely showing it's light on the horizon. I said good bye to my stars. Then we drove. Away. I called KBEK and told Scott to play a song for me. He played "September Nights" by Jonathan Delehanty, I was very happy. A little later he played "American Splendor" by Eytan Mirksy, and it is still in my head.

Move in itself went very smoothly. My bed is made, my closet organized. Everything is (mostly) in it's place. I feel like I should organize my books, being that I have Twilight and Shutterbabe right next to my Text books, and that feels wrong.

THe sticky stuff they gave us SUCKS. My imagine poster has already fallen down, and my calendar has fallen down a couple times. I've resorted to my hooks and scotch tape. I hope that wasn't a bad decision.

It doesn't feel real that I am in my own dorm at college. I feel like I am visiting, and I've already had pangs of home sickness... I never got to say good bye to Barny. I'm grown up now? I've moved out of my parents' house. I am pursuing a degree... and then a career... SAD!

Oy. I really really REALLY should try to take a nap now.

I'll try to blog later, but there is a lot of stuff going on.

No comments: