Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fear of the Dark

I walked through the forest alone 4 times tonight.

TONIGHT.

I think that it was so dark that I was too preoccupied with staying on the trail than with whether or not serial killers wear night vision goggles, and then weighing my chances of being able to escape them without hitting a tree.

Then I realized that Werewolves probably see very well in the dark and... shoot, it's a full moon and everything.

I decided that I wouldn't mind becoming a werewolf. As long as they didn't eat me... but it would suck because then I would bite my friends, and I don't know how understanding they'd be.

The kiln is being fired tonight. I've never stayed up to help, and actually helped. Firing the kiln really is just a one person job once you get the wood stacked, so what usually happens to me is that I just end up sitting around watching the other person work until I fall asleep. I had a lot of fun tonight loading wood, writing letters, reading The Progressive and adding commentary. Which by the way, might be one of my new favorite pass times.

Dad came and relieved me about 20 minutes ago, so now I am home, smelling like smoke and sweat, and covered in ashes.

My caffeine must not be worn off yet.

I am off.

I just wanted to share that I am a brave young woman who was able to swallow her fear and face the darkness.

No comments: