Saturday, August 2, 2008

As I walked through the kitchen this morning, out the door to work, I had an intense flash of "Back to School."

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, I hit the snooze button on my phone alarm for almost an hour, until I finally decided it would be beneficial to get up.

For some reason, I felt it necessary to "dress up" today. Striped pants, which to my delight I can't pop the zipper by simply exhaling anymore, Cirque Du Soliel Shirt, silver shoes, Side pony tail (!?) eyeliner, earrings... the whole shebang. I suppose I do have a lot going on today, and I must present my self with style right? So there, it's perfectly justified. Dressed then, as I was, set and ready for my big day, back pack slung over my left shoulder, stepping onto the door step into the cool but green Summer Morning, it's no wonder it felt like I was going back to High School.

Ah my friends, that is where it deviates, for I am NOT going back to High School, and no matter how hard I try, I'll never have that First Day experience again.

... I am at work right now, shopping for computers, and I just discovered I have less than $200 left in my checking account. That hurts, especially after all that graduation money... I don't berate myself for spending it, but golly... that's a lot of money! I have a Computer picked out, it's a refurbished HP notebook and it's definitely in my price range... well... not less than $200... but it is reasonable. Donny even gave me the go ahead!

Today, Mom told me that we get to go to Office Max and get school supplies sometime soon, and yesterday I got this college thing with a checklist of what to get. I GET TO GET MY OWN POST IT NOTES! Call me strange, but that is thrilling. There were other office supply items on the list, but I think I was most excited about the post it notes.

We'll probably coordinate that trip with a stop at Target to get my bed sheets, that is also really exciting. Bed sheets, a water pitcher, some lamps, and desk lights, shower stuff... Of course I am going to be broke from my computer... but... it is going to happen.

I successfully stalked my roommate on the Augsburg website today, so at least now I know what she looks like. Still no luck in the email yet... so that means I'm going to have to call her. Oh dear. Maybe tomorrow? Monday? Hmmm.

Well, I got home from Michigan yesterday afternoon. My flight was smooth except for a little turbulence coming into Minneapolis, which is just fine, because I love turbulence. Positive G-Force! Or maybe Negative... which ever one feels awesome, not to mention the adrenaline rush of thinking you could crash and die. It was really sad leaving though. Faye, Jack, Claire and Rose all came to the Airport with me, I didn't want to leave!

Upon getting home, I experienced some hard core reverse culture shock. Almost immediately I became restless. It didn't feel like I belonged in my home anymore. Jess was restless too, so we went for a short walk, then her mom fed me. Mom and I went on a late night snack run, and I satisfied one of the most extreme munchie fits I've ever had. I attribute it to hormones and stress.

Cheetos, wrapped in sandwich ham, followed by a mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich, and washed down with Pepsi.

It felt great.

I am missing the Back to the Tower Parade, so that makes me a bit sad, Sara lamented to me that she will have to play first trumpet. I really would have liked to play.

Gabriel (Trumpet) is still in the shop, Al hasn't called me back yet... and... ugh... that's $95 more dollars... ARGH!

After work tonight I am off to Back to the Tower days anyway to get some deep fried food, then it's to Larry's Grad party, and from there it's Edstock. WOO HOO!


No comments: